Utchay Okorji Associates is a Nigerian – registered/ owned firm of Estate Surveyors and Valuers recognized and regulated by the Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers (NIESV) and the Estate Surveyors and Valuers Registration Board of Nigeria (ESVARBON). As a firm, we are committed to providing top of the line professional services to our clients. Our performance has been boosted by the adoption of the vision to deliver excellent, efficient and unique services.
To be the most distinguished global Real Estate Practice; professionally making a difference.
- To make client satisfaction our number one priority by providing innovative solutions.
- To provide our clients with the highest quality of services to meet their investment goals.
- To constantly enhance the value of services we provide through continual technological advancements in our field.
- To continually strive to encourage and develop the professional fulfillment of our people.
- To contribute to the Real Estate profession.
OUR SHARED VALUES
- Creativity and Originality
- Client focus/care
- Continuous learning
CERTIFIED VALUATION PRACTICE:
In the course of our practice as valuers, we have been privileged to undertake the following responsibilities:
- Consultants to AMCON for assets valuation of various entities in all parts of Nigeria. Notable amongst them include the assets valuation of Roygate Properties, parent company to Homan Engineering Company with an asset value of over $15,000,000
- Mortgage and Asset valuation for Keystone Bank Plc., Diamond Bank, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc., EcoBank Plc., Access Bank Plc., Heritage Bank Plc., Unity Bank Plc. and First Bank Plc.
- Project Management and Evaluation for Keystone Bank Plc. and First City Monument Bank Plc. (FCMB).
- Series of previous and ongoing property valuations which include:
- A comprehensive assets valuation of Neovista Properties Development Company in Port Harcourt, Lagos and Abuja.
- Valuation of residential apartment buildings for private individuals in various locations all over the country for various purposes.
- Valuation of industrial and commercial developments for financial and non-financial institutions for various purposes.
- Valuation of agricultural concerns.
- Vessel and Marine equipment for assets and mortgage Valuation, some of the recent briefs executed in this regards are;
- Valuation of Fast Patrol Vessels for mortgage purposes IFO Starzs Investment Company.
- Various valuations of Ramp Barges.
- Asset Valuation of dredged sand valuation.
- Valuation for various types of Crew Utility Boats, Fast Supply Intervention vessel, Tug boats and tow boats.
- Valuation off-shore house boats.
- Valuation of TDU
- Feasibility and Viability Appraisal of property investments in Port Harcourt and Abuja; a notable assignment in this regard is the Feasibility and Viability Appraisal for DSC International Company for the development of a multi-billion naira mixed use residential development in Greater Port Harcourt Area of Rivers State.
- Valuation consultants to the Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) on the Bodo oil spill litigation in Nigeria and the United Kingdom. The brief was commissioned in 2011 and was concluded in 2013. This task entailed collaborating with the legal team of SPDC and their attorneys of record – the International Firm of Hogan Lovells headquartered in London and Washington and was followed through to a logical conclusion.
- Consultants to Rivers State Government for Compulsory Acquisition and Compensation for the dualization and expansion of road projects. Notable road projects handled in the course of this consultancy include:
- A 6-lane road expansion project for Ada George Road worth over $10,000,000 payable in compensations all handled by the firm, which was concluded in February, 2012.
- The dualization of Old Aba Road
- The construction of Omagwa – Isiokpo – Elele Road which commenced in 2009 and was concluded in October, 2011 worth over N280,000,000 payable in compensation all handled by the firm
- The dualization of Trans Amadi – Oginigba Road
- The Woji road expansion and flyover road construction project worth over N540,000,000 payable in compensations all handled by the firm. The brief was successfully concluded in January, 2012.
- Elioparanwo Road
- The dualization of Elekahia/Rumuomasi Road
- The dualization of Rumuola – Rumuokwuta Road
- The construction of Rumuokurusi-Eneka-Igwuruta Road worth over $7,000,000 in compensation claims. Report on the brief was successfully completed in March, 2010.
- The reconstruction and beautification of G.U. Ake Road which links the Port Harcourt International Airport via Eliozu Road to the Airforce Junction, Aba Road. The project worth over N90,000,000 in compensation commenced in September, 2010 and report on it was delivered in December, 2010.
- The expansion and reconstruction of Ikwerre Road worth over N220,000,000 in compensation claims. The brief was commissioned in August, 2010 and report delivered in October, 2010.
- Urban Renewal and Waterfront Development Projects Consultants to the Rivers State Government. The project involved enumeration and valuation of properties/structures on waterfronts in the state (Eagle Island waterfront, Ogoni waterfront, Abonnema Wharf waterfront, Njemanze waterfront, Elechi Beach and Bundu waterfront). The Abonema Wharf project stands out – a brief commissioned in February, 2009 and concluded in May, 2012 worth over $8,000,000.
- Compensation Valuation for Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) on various projects to include;
- Ikot – Udo, Ikot – Odiong – Ibiono Road, Akwa-Ibom State, Nigeria
- AVU – Ada Palm – Etekuru Road, Imo State, Nigeria
- Shore Protection at Soku, Rivers State, Nigeria
- Ozoro Township Road Project, Delta State, Nigeria.
- Land acquisition, layout design and sales in Igbo Etche in collaboration with Ibimina Kakulu & Associates.
- Valuation to ascertain share in Public Private Participation (P.P.P.) for Rivers State Government on various projects.
- Project management/ development and monitoring of the following;
- 54 units’ private housing Estate, Dutse, Abuja.
- Our flagship 3-storey office complex with penthouse (Zuma Suites) at Kaduna Street, D-Line Port Harcourt which construction commenced in February, 2010 and was commissioned in 2011.
- Inventorial exercise on the Proposed J. A. K. Whyte Specialist Hospital, Omagwa, for Rivers State Government. A multibillion naira project undertaken between August and November, 2012.
- An impressive Property Management portfolio which boasts notable high-end properties in Port Harcourt, Lagos and Abuja.
- Project Monitoring, Management and Development which include:
- Project monitoring and reporting for the outfitting of Filmhouse Cinemas in the Port Harcourt Mall for FCMB.
- Expansion of firm’s property portfolio through the private development of a 10 luxury unit residential estate.
- Project Management and Development of Zuma Suites office complex at 29/30 Kaduna Street, D/Line, Port Harcourt.
- Project monitoring and reporting for the remodeling of Ediz Wine Bar, GRA, Port Harcourt for FCMB.
- Project Management and Development of hotel development in Yenogoa, Bayelsa State.
- Project Management and Development of various residential and commercial property developments including a shopping complex in prime locations.
- Project Management and Development of educational development in Igbo Etche, Port Harcourt.
- Project Management and Development of a Model Primary School for Rivers State Government.
Our team of Valuers comprise highly experienced individuals possessing membership of the Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers (NIESV) and registered with the Estate Surveyors and Valuers Registration Board of Nigeria (ESVARBON) with over ten years post NYSC experience. Please find below some of our people with the necessary qualifications.